Custom Search

Thursday, April 30, 2009

GPS system - all you need to do is drive

Bought my first GPS system (model GPS Bay 3303) some 2 weeks ago from Courts Mutiara in PJ and I don't have any regrets at all. In fact today I've just bought another 2 sets for my sister-in-law and for a friend.

I paid RM 399.00 for the set (50% off normal price of Rm 799). It is definitely one of the the best investment I've made in a long while.


Source of screen shot : GPS Bay website


In my line of work, I see least 15 new clients (prospects) in various parts of Selangor . Normally I will get the prospects to fax me a location map to their office, but a map is a static thing, and if you missed a turning, that's the beginning of your nightmare.

With the GPS system, if you've missed a turning despite all the voice instructions that it gives you, it is intelligent enough to re-direct you back to the correct path by giving new directions to get to your destination.

Today I visited a kindergarten in Bukit Rimau with the address "Jalan Sg Congkak 32/51D in Bukit Rimau". I keyed in the road name into the GPS Bay 3303, and I arrived at the location without having to ask for phone directions from the client. Save time and money. That's what I like.

There are some newer areas which are not on the map, like Jalan Mahkota 7/4B in Putra Heights, but in cases like that I key-in some nearby road name and start from there.

It is very easy to install the unit on your windscreen; it has a holder which can be adjusted to your liking. Once you register the unit with MapKing, the provider of the maps (you can get the staff at Courts to do it for you), you can use the GPS to guide you back home form the store! The instruction manual is easy to follow, and the rest is through experimenting and getting used to the voice telling you to "please slow down"!!

It is recommended that you hide the unit when you park your car in public areas.

0 comments:

Feed Shark