Custom Search

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Where to find good food in Melaka

,


Where to find good food in Melaka, Malaysia - 1.

Most times, my friends will ask me this question - where can I find good food in Melaka. As a Malaccan-born Nyonya, I have several favourite food spots that I frequent. I will start a series of food-reviews of good (and most often, cheap) food in Melaka/Malacca.

We'll start by giving you directions to Jalan Hang Jebat where most of the specialty food stalls are located.

Fancy a meal of fried soft-shell crab that's crispy and finger licking good? A complete meal of crab, oyster, chicken, pork and vegetables for 4 adults can be had for less than Rm 50.00. Very reasonable - when compared to prices for KL / PJ restaurants.

On April Fool's day, I went with my family to this quaint restaurant - Restaurant Sin Yin Hoe in Lorong Hang Jebat, Melaka. My earlier visit this year was in Feb 2007 during the Chinese New Year celebrations. Prices then and now, for the same dishes remain constant - meaning this restaurant did not hike its prices during the CNY celebrations, as most others would have.

This restaurant can accomodate about 8 tables inside, and about 4 more tables along the corridor. It's open from 5.30 pm to 12pm to cater for the dinner.

Directions to go there? Its near the Malacca River and Malacca clock tower.

0 comments:

Feed Shark