Custom Search

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Free wireless in KL

Yes! Finally, KL is covered by FREE wireless boradband access. Everyone in the city centre will be able to enjoy the wireless internet service for free for next 2 years. You need to pre-register as a user under www.wirelesskl.com. Registration is easy and didn't require you to provide many privacy-intrusion information.

Expect speeds at 512kb/sec (okaylah, free), using the WiMAx 2.3 technology. Apparently Kuala Lumpur is amongst the first cities in the world to use this technolgy. Spirit of Malaysia Boleh!

Where can you expect to surf for free? Phase 1 zone covers KLCC and Golden triangle, with 1500 zones to be installed. I can't wait for the whole city to be covered by wireless connection. I can imagine myself sitting in the car, listening to the radio while accessing my email in the jam!

Just last week, I was contemplating to sign up for U-Mobile wireless service (at Rm 78/mth) to replace my Streamyx broadband services (paying Rm 77/mth). Luckily I waited. if I am early for an appointment in KL - I will find the nearest hotel and while the time surfing.

When are they going to extend the service to PJ areas?

Read more in KL the wireless online metropolitan

0 comments:

Feed Shark